Sunday, January 17, 2010

Smart Pen de-box

My Livescribe 4GB Pulse Smartpen arrived yesterday! WooHoo!




The smart pen is as chunky as I expected, but at least in the short term not uncomfortably so. I had also ordered the Livescribe ANA-00004 Lined Black 1-2 Journal - 2 Pack, but they are only A5 size. I had expected them to be A4 size, but on reflection I think I might prefer them the smaller size.

Upon opening the box, it contains the smart pen, the cradle and its USB connection, headphones with built-in microphones and a carry-pouch which is shaped a little like a cigar container.




Hidden under the combined headphones/microphones is a surprisingly short and narrow refill for the pen. Given that your written notes should essentially be bookmarks to specific points in the audio recording that small size might not be so much of an issue. Here's hoping anyway.

The package also included a notepad, which is useful as a starting point and and a couple of thin manuals to describe the usage. There really is no need for any more.


So far, it's all looking good.

No comments: