Monday, February 23, 2009

OpenDNS Use

I'm now using OpenDNS on both my Internet links.

I had been trialling it on just one, but I was using my original Wireless network and for some reason my ISP's DNS seemed to just be dead. Argh!

I just logged into the cable/DSL Router and entered the two OpenDNS IPs. Saved the configuration. Refreshed the browser and webpages appeared,  everything was just working...

Huzzah!

OpenDNS claims to be faster. That is hard to assess. It certainly doesn't seem to slow anything down. 

However it looks like OpenDNS is going to become part of the infrastructure here.

2 comments:

David Ulevitch said...

Where's here? If you have questions, feel free to email me or our support team for help.

-David (Founder, OpenDNS)

r said...

Here being home. In the UK.

Although the ability to restrict the lookup of certain non-work related sites has caused me to mention my home use of OpenDNS at work.