Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Some good links

I came across a blog just today by following a link on Scott Lowe's bookmarks: Linux Performance Tuning

This is really useful information. All pulled together in one place. Some of it might seem common sense, but as has frequently been said it is surprising how uncommon common sense can be.


As I wrote in my previous post about recovering from a disaster, documentation on your environment is vital. And these two links below provide that.


I've only just noticed that RVTools has been considerably updated. This is an excellent tool and the more so for being free. I feel a bit guilty about  not being in a position to donate some of my employers' money via paypal.

Actually, the new feature that I'm most excited by is one that has been there for several versions now. Specifically, the ability to export all the information in csv format. And to do that from the command line!


I was browsing sunfreeware and came across sys_diag, a script generated by Todd Jobson. For doumenting the state of a Solaris server, it looks damn comprehensive. I intend to use it on the Solaris systems at my work and save the results into our database of server information.

No comments: