Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Google Chrome Crash

Google Chrome crashed on me yesterday. Took about eight tabs I'd have liked to have had bookmarked with it.

A good feature of Firefox that I'd like to see a future version of Chrome provide is the restore session option on startup. Since suffering this crash, I've been wondering whether it was OS, FireFox or plugin instability that caused the FireFox developers to add the "restore session" facility. 

I managed to resist trying Chrome out for two months after it was released, but it is now my favourite, although at work I will sometimes have Chrome, Firefox and IE all in use at the same time!

The main feature that caused me to try chrome out was speed. Firefox had been getting slower and slower. That is partly my fault. I open tab after tab, but am slower to close them. Perhaps as a result of this characteristic I am also increasingly suffering from Firefox crashing on me.

I like that Find is restricted to the tab upon which it is first opened.

I'm slightly bemused that sometimes the contents of a page will take some time to be displayed when you change from tab to tab. Perhaps that is a peculiar to the way I set up my PCs, although I suspect not.

A really neat feature that I've just come across, is the ability to move tabs between Windows. Just grab the Tab and drag it to the other Windows. Bob's your uncle! Its a feature I like as it enables you to reorganise your tabs without resorting to plugins like FireFox.

2 comments:

Marc C. said...

When Chrome has crashed on me (twice), both times it restored the open tabs when I re-opened it.

r said...

Now you know that just made me jealous! Right?

Perhaps I was just unlucky then.