Friday, June 13, 2008

Lotus Notes install on CentOS Linux

Actually this is a case where my mileage didn't vary at all.

I needed to install IBM's Lotus Domino server software onto a Linux machine - for once these days real iron not a virtual machine.

Obviously, I started with the latest version of CentOS - v5.1. I had no choice on the version of Lotus Domino - it had to be v6.5.5. It had to match our windows servers.

I ran into the problem of libstdc++-libc6.1.1.so.2 being missing which I resolved by loading the compat-libstdc++-296.2.96 rpm and linking the missing library to the later library provided by that rpm.

This still didn't resolve the problem. I still had a missing library: libXp.so! A quick yum install -y libXP resolved that. However, the Lotus Domino java installation program now just hung trying to create a session.

I ran out of time. A swift look at the IBM website for OS requirements for Lotus Domino installation and I conceded defeat. Next step I downloaded the CentOS v2.1 !! That was another 20 to 30 minutes to install and then it was back to the Lotus Domino install.

The only alternative would have been to use version 8 of the Lotus domino software. Something that just wasn't possible. Sigh!

No comments: